Ahmiel Personal Training Education & NASM Certification Preparatory
Why Become a Personal Trainer?
The personal Training industry has increased by 0.4% from 2007-2012. Annual revenue from personal training is 9 billion dollars. This industry is forecasted to only grow larger and stronger in the coming years. With the rise of childhood obesity, the increased data that shows diet and exercise prevent and even cure illness, and the average U.S. resident living well into their 80’s, the desire and demand for how to increase and prolong the quality of life will only get stronger.
Our bodies are the most intricate machines and computing devices on the planet. Don’t you want to know what it is capable of? This is what drives myself and my clients from the moment I start my day.
I want to help others discover what their amazing body is capable of and how to give it the strength to live a long, healthy and exuberant life.
Starting a career as a personal trainer is taking the initiative to be an example for others and by that example, help others to find the best versions of themselves.
If you are ready to be a positive influence in the lives of those that you touch please take the time to read through this course description. It may be the best thing you ever did for yourself.
Who is this course for?
- Already certified Personal Trainers looking to increase their knowledge of PT as well as learn new marketing strategies.
- The general public looking to educate themselves on how to work out and eat right to maximize their goals.
- Those with or without exercise experience who wish to start a career in Personal Training.
This course is designed in 3 foundational segments – classroom education, lab work, and internship monitoring. The emphasis is to deliver the education required to pass the NASM exam, provide practical training techniques and “hands-on” application to be both an effective and successful personal trainer.
Over the 2 month course period, students will become prepared to:
- Design, develop and implement a personalized training program to associated goals.
- Develop client specific exercises, training regimes and accessory routines for goal achievement.
- Execute the program design, exercise routines and appropriate training practices in the facility.
Students are also encouraged to train with their classmates in the lab as schedules permit to share experiences, ask questions and refine coaching and training methods.
During the two months, classes will be held three days a week for three hours each day. Classes are limited to 6 students in order to ensure proper instruction and quality attention from the instructor.
All classes are generally held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 2:00pm to 5:00pm unless otherwise notified by the instructor.
Classes are broken into two sections:
1. Lecture and discussion: Dedicated to critical elements of fitness training, anatomical sciences and coaching methods as per the course outline below.
2. Practical Application: Dedicated to program design, proper cueing, spotting techniques, and practical application.
Class and Course Location
Synergy Fitness Studios
3556 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA
Course Outline and Key Program Elements
- History of Personal Training
- Basic Exercise Science
- Cardiorespiratory System
- Exercise Metabolism and Bioenergetics
- Human Movement Science
- Fitness Assessment
- Flexibility, Cardiorespiratory, Balance, Plyometric, Speed/Agility/Quickness, and Resistance Training Concepts.
- Program Design
- Basic Principles of Nutrition and Supplementation
- Chronic Health Conditions and Physical Limitations
- Lifestyle Modification and Behavioral Coaching
- Developing a Successful Personal Training Business
Lab hours will be available at Synergy fitness facility on Tuesdays and Thursday between 1:00pm- 4:00pm for students to practice techniques and to work-out while they are enrolled in this personal training course.
Upon Completion of the course, with a 90% attendance and passing the NASM proctored exam, students will be invited to an internship under the supervision of the instructor. For those following weeks they will be able to observe and shadow actual Personal Training sessions; working side-by-side with the instructor to develop training programs for clients, refine coaching methods and begin their own training.
This internship will provide and require the following:
- Observation and Monitoring. of personal training sessions, both half hour and hour, which must include the range of modalities of personal training programs. The intern will be required to observe a minimum of 3 sessions in each of the following training styles: weight loss, hypertrophy, split routines (upper and lower body), circuit training and sessions which focus on correcting specific poor movement patterns. Approximately 25 hours
- Post-Observation Client Training. Once observation hours have been completed, with the supervision of the instructor, the intern will then be given a client to administer an initial assessment. If the client agrees and chooses the student, the student will then complete a 10 hour session package scheduled at Synergy Fitness Studios. During this time the outlined program design for this client will be supervised by the instructor to guide the student. If the client then chooses to re-sign for another 10 hour session package, the client responsibility and program will be transferred completely to the student. If the client declines to sign up for the initial 10 hour session package, the student will be assigned a new client for the process.
The priority of this course design and application is to provide a personal training education above the normal requirements of any personal training programs. The program is structured in the best interest of the student to be as available as possible in order to support their education in personal training, personal growth, client orientation and fitness etiquette.
NASM text book, online materials and CPT exam – $699.00
Course fees which includes internship, CPR certification and use of facilities during class times and gym hours- $1800.00
Full Course Total- $2,500.00
Note: Tuition may be paid in two installments of $1250 or three installments of $833 payable at the beginning of each month.
- $2,500package includes:
- Course Materials & Proctored Exam
- CPR certification
- Gym access during class & lab hours